Medical: Alice Walton, Contributor, Forbes, Pharna & Healthcare state meditation and the brain research is rolling in weekly illustrating the benefits.
Psychology: Mindful practice in this area is used to reducing a variety of mental and physical conditions such as reduction in stress, depression, anxiety, and is a distinct method to handle emotions.
American Psychological Association -by Davis, Daphne, Ph.D and Hayes, Jeffrey, Ph.D empirically supported benefits of mindfulness. July/August 2012, Vol 43, No. 7.
Therapy programs Mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) – roots into spiritual teachings.
Cognitive Based Therapy (CBT) – interrupt automatic processes that trigger stress, teaching individuals to focus less on reacting.
Research: Mindfulness movement 2015- According to a meta analysis of reviews, evidence supports use of mindfulness programs to alleviate a variety of mental and physical disorders.
* Schools: Educator’s who use mindfulness suggest 10 minutes a day could see have some subject benefits. Washington Post, by Brigid Schulte, May 26 ___
- In 2012 Congressman Tim Ryan of Ohio received $1 million federal grant to teach mindfulness in his home district schools.
- In 2000, a mindfulness based program was developed for children and introduced into private and public school curricula in a Los Angeles area.
- Over 1000 schools from Arizona to Washington taught teachers to train students to self-regulate behaviors and mindfully engage in focus and concentration.
- The Atlantic, Lauren Cassani Davis, August 31, 2015, writes on how Mindfulness meets the classroom.
- Approximately 1300 elementary and high schools students and faculty in Baltimore, MD engage in a mindfulness program. Other non profit programs across the country are spreading to integrate mindfulness into schools.
* Business: Companies such as Proctor & Gamble, Fortune 500, General Mills, Apple, New Balance, Comcast, and many others ofter mindfulness breaks.
* Law: Harvard Law School and many law firms offer mindfulness classes.
* Government: Government organizations offer mindfulness training and Prison programs have taught mindfulness interventions.